Monday, February 15, 2010

Back on the Wagon

Well perhaps all it takes is the thought of an entire cruise ship of people seeing me in a bathing suit to kick my butt into gear! Folks I am back on the Weight Watchers band wagon!
For the past two weeks (after the sickness passed that is) I have been faithfully following the Weight Watchers plan. And throw in a couple of snow days last week which gave Marvin and I the opportunity to finally learn to use the Wii Fit...and you have a loser! Yahoo!
And I know you are probably saying to yourselves, "What makes this time different? What makes you think you can stick it out this time?"
Well folks it's the age old piece of clothing that turns rational women into screaming lunatics who curse department store dressing room lights and wonder why they ate that delicious chocolate cake...for breakfast. Yep...it's the bathing suit. Striking fear into women everywhere since 1910ish.
So I am scheduled to go on my first cruise during the Easter holiday with my oh so sweet honey. And everything looks wonderful, the food, the shows, the drinks, the islands, the pool...Yeah right the pool, where one must don a bathing suit in front of a couple of thousand people. And there you have the motivation for the latest installment of me tackling Weight Watchers. However I feel it important to mention that even though I haven't been adhering to all of the plan, I have been attending the meetings. The inspiration and support they bring is key to my being able to do this.
I have high hopes for me this time so stay tuned and see for yourselves how this one pans out!
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

One step at a time Jack, you can do it!! Good luck on the weight loss & invest in dramamine for the cruise! I seem to remember some sickly car rides with you so I can only imagine what a ship is going to do to you.