Sunday, May 30, 2010

Boxes, bins and bottles of wine....

So countdown to moving day: T-minus 5 days and counting

75% of my life is packed neatly into boxes and plastic bins, labeled appropriately and entered into my notebook. The other 25% will either be making the journey to the Arctic Circle with me or when I try to shove everything into Shady I will find that it will not fit and will have to find someplace to store it.
The joys of moving.

I have no real news per se. Marvin is healing from surgery, we are trying to tie up all our loose ends here in Lexington and I am trying not to eat everything in sight. I pretty much gave up tracking this past week for fear of going insane. I have tried to make OK choices but am not stressing yet because I just can't deal with anything else on my plate right now (unless it is chocolate-covered or cheesy deliciousness). I will attend my final Lexington WW meeting this Wednesday and then move on to the new meeting location in Marquette next week. If nothing else I am going to try to not miss meetings while all this transitioning is taking place. Hopefully the rest will fall into place.

I started this post because it had been a while and although I am not sure who still is reading I thought it would be good to check in. But folks I am tired. Bags under the eyes, yawning, drinking a glass of wine and typing in bed tired. So I am signing off for now. I hope that this new change in scenery will inspire a bit more writing on my part.

Thanks to those that still check every once in while to see if I write. I appreciate the support!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stress and Emotional Eating Premonition

So what do you get when you have two weeks to close your account, pack your life, attend a useless work seminar, support your boyfriend as he has his gallbladder removed, move 766 miles to a new place that doesn't even have a chain grocery store, and then start a new account 48 hours after unpacking your suitcase????
Well I'll tell you what you get...some tough ass emotional eating situations.
I have being doing great on the WW although not exactly following the plan (basically not tracking). I have lost just over 15 lbs. which is awesome but still quite a bit to go. I have been having to eat out a lot and I have tried to make good choices but lately the stress is getting to me and I am struggling to stop myself from eating pizza every day for lunch. And not those Lean Cuisine cardboard microwave pizzas...but the deep dish pan pizza from Pizza Hut. I am winning some battles though. Today I was famished and rushed and wanted to head straight to McDonald's for a Happy Meal. But instead I ran into Subway and had a 6" turkey on wheat with some Baked Lays and a Pepsi. Not too bad considering the alternative.
But I am concerned that the next few weeks and the change in jobs and homes is going to throw everything out of whack. It will just really be a test for how much I want this. And fitting into the smaller size pair of jeans is quite a good feeling.
I'll let you know....