Friday, March 5, 2010

My new addiction

So a few weeks back I picked up Wii Fit Plus because I read it had a lot of cool things the original didn't and it did. But while perusing Amazon I also came across this:


Photo courtesy of Amazon.com

So after reading tons of reviews and weighing the options between the original, 2 or 3, I purchased the Hottest Party 3 bundle with the floor controller.

And last night after dinner I was sitting around watching the Food Network and feeling really tired. But I had been wanting to check this new thing out and had gone to lunch with a co-worker and split a piece of Bourbon Chocolate Cake with her. So needless to say a little movement would not be a bad idea.

So I hooked it up and went to the DDR School Mode to learn the moves. After finally figuring out what the hell the step zone was (not a good explanation anywhere to be found) I realized that this is HARD! I was sweating within minutes and had to change into a t-shirt. So what started out as a "learn to play in case people come over and want to play" time, turned into an all out dance P-A-R-T-Y of one.

I ran through the songs (examples include: Ice Ice Baby, Feel Good Inc., and Let's Get it Started) on beginner and even tried out the Wii Balance Board function that allows you to use hip movements and the remote and nun chuck to punch. 2 1/2 hours later I was wiped out. This thing is crazy fun!

I wanted to do it this morning for my workout in my challenge but I didn't want to stomp loudly on the floor. So I did 5 songs on the Balance Board then proceeded to do my strength routine on Wii Fit Plus.

If you have the Wii and are bored with your workout get this game. If you love to dance but are too old to go to clubs with 21-year olds get this game. Do not walk to store, do not take a bus....drive your car at a safe yet aggressive speed and get there! Or do what I did and order online. You will not regret this.

I can't wait till I have an hour to do some more!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

OK, so when you're home next, bring this so I can see it!

Jackie said...

Rather, I think you need to come visit and see it! It is not an easy traveler I don't think.

Grace said...

So how does it feel to dance without trying to brawl with every big guy in the bar? Or sober without vomitting in your shirt? Lol, just curious

Jackie said...

Thanks Grace....the brawling I will do concur (and it feels good!) but the other...it was ONE TIME! And it was Stephen & Pat's fault!