To ensure complete transparency I must mention that all my thoughts are fueled with the hope of adding income streams to help with some pressing debt needs. Life might look different if I did not have those worries but the truth is I do and I need to embrace that reality.
Moving on here are my current brain swimmers:
- Continue this personal, non-focused blog that I would use to practice my writing. Note: This option shows no immediate signs of revenue assistance.
- Start a new blog focused on a passion/niche/business that has the possibility of opening additional streams of revenue. This type of blog would require set up time and that most difficult mountain to climb - deciding on a niche and the all important name. This is attractive because there are countless opportunities to expand once you are up and running. Examples: webinars, podcasts, printables, e-courses, etc.
- Start a part-time freelance writing career in earnest. This would require starting a separate website, creating samples and searching for clients. And of course the name....
- Consider becoming a life-ish coach. This could co-exist with either a blog or separate website. There is lots of options here as well. A decision would have to be made to pay for additional training and certification (there is some limited online training I am taking). At this point in the money war I am losing and the well is dry.
- Continue to write through Upwork and other freelance sites as opportunities arise. There is some good paying opportunities available but this type of writing is usually ghostwriting which does not further any hope to branch out into a more formal writing environment. Most likely will have to stick with this one for a while anyway to up the income.
So there it is in the confines of a black-and-white internet post. Now all I have to do is decide. If you are out there and you want to throw your opinion into the ring please so. If not you won't read this so no harm done.