Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunny San Diego

Well here I sit in sunny San Diego (is there really any other place in the world that has such amazing weather???) without a new assignment, just chilling with Marvin (who is working) and waiting. So my hope is to do the following:
1. Get my ass back on the Weight Watchers train. I have been horrible this past couple of months basically eating whatever I want and not incorporating activity. Since the weather here is beautiful I have zero excuse not to get out and walk it off! I want to look good for Mike & Erin's wedding (in April) and really want to start feeling better about myself again.With all this time on my hands it should be easy to get a schedule going and work out some healthy menus. I do need to find a meeting to go to but I have a call out to the WW community for some help in that department.
2. Get some more of my cooking and catering online class accomplished. I have slacked considerably over the past few months and really want to make it a goal to finish this.
3. Save some money. Everyone is out to save some money these days and Southern California does not seem to make it very easy. But I am going to do my best using all the tools I have at hand (coupons, farmer's markets, recipes...) to see what I can do. The snag here is the fact (as you all know) that I love eating out. But I have researched and found some places in the area that have reasonable dishes and some good happy hours. Not knowing if I have a job is making this goal a bit more pressing but it is number 3 for a reason.

Those are three big goals for me but the folks at WW say that the first step to achieving your goals is to write them down in black and white. So here goes nothing!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

About time! And Mike is getting married in April????? When in April? What? I thought they were waiting till later?

Jackie said...

They decided to do it before. April 4th at a winery in Traverse Bay. Just immediate family but she is wearing a wedding dress and him a tux.

Michelle said...

That sounds awesome! Is Marvin coming back with you?

Jackie said...

Hopefully. His gig here is supposed to be over that Friday but not sure if he needs to be somewhere the next Monday yet. Hoping to find out soon.