Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sad Story

Tonight I wanted fish. And since I have this aversion to cooking fish in the same place I sleep I ventured out into the world. Walked over to a great restaurant and had some killer fish. A champagne cocktail to start with a great salad with killer goat cheese. Then a very large pour of white wine and an Alaskan Ling Cod with brown butter and almonds. Finish with a cappuccino with and some chocolate mousse. Great dinner, short walk and perfect weather.
So why the sad story you ask...
Well I love eating out don't get me wrong. And I am perfectly comfortable being alone at the movies, in a restaurant, even grabbing a beer in a bar. But tonight...I was sad.
The restaurant I went to was recommended to me by Marvin. So even though it was absolutely perfect in every culinary way, it was missing the most important part...him.
The wine might have gone to my head and maybe the lack of things to do at home are driving me...but I am miserable.
I just want to lead whatever normal means to this world of mine.
Cross your fingers and wish me luck...I need it.

No comments: