Thursday, February 5, 2009

To walk or not to walk...

So tonight I had an option. Take a walk or go out to eat. So what did I do...I walked to go out to eat. Typical for me since I love eating, in or out. And actually the argument between the two is for a whole other post. So I walked six blocks to buy a magazine then walked four blocks back to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. I did OK by ordering a salad and a grilled turkey burger (which was actually super tasty). But I totally messed it up by having two of the best drinks ever invented, their Strawberry Martini which is literally mushed up strawberries, sugar and Ketel One Vodka.

Delicious. Then of course with the slight buzz from the strawberry crack I headed (uphill mind you) to Tango, a restaurant I had been to before for happy hour on a previous trip. I had an awful mojito...I mean really awful but an amazing dessert called El Diablo with dark chocolate goodness and burnt marshmallow....usually hate that but loved it with this. Anyways I am now home and I did walk fast it being dark and me being downtown and alone and all. So did I burn off the calories I ate and more importantly drank...not a chance in hell. But at least I put my tennis shoes on and did something rather than sit around and watch the Food Network.

No comments: