Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Confession...I killed 20 bess


Oh I know they look harmless, and they are quickly dying off (I do love honey), but they have no place in my apartment. Today I came home and there were 20 bees hovering inside my sliding glass door. (I know that I do tend to exaggerate a bit (keep your mouth shut Grace!) but I physically counted 20 bees) I was like WTF! I had contacted my landlord and told him I was noticing some bees inside and it had been pretty cool here in Montana so I did not have any windows open. But there they were, mysteriously appearing and freaking me out.
So what is a girl to do...call her mom. Those back in Ohio are well aware of the September bee infestation. Trying to find a home for the winter and all. She tells me put some pop out in a bottle or can and they will fly in there and not be able to get out. (It works at picnics you know...as soon as you set your drink down the bees are all over it!) I take that into consideration as I speed down my mountain to the local hardware store to find the most deadly spray known to man to take the suckers out. I leave with Raid Flying Insect spray. The guy at the store said it kills on contact and has a fresh outdoor poison scent.
Well I put two diet cokes out and no luck. (It was a good idea mom. I guess the bees in Montana would have rather had a micro-brewed beer) I shuffled the blinds around and opened the door hoping to wake them up and shoo them out into nature...their home! Again no love.
So it was time. I had the "you are an adult, you can kill the bees" talk with myself. I found some rubber gloves under the sink and pulled the blinds apart. Half a can of spray later, a graveyard of bees and about 2inches of leftover poison sat at the bottom of my sliding glass door.
The whole living room reeks of "outdoor scent" and I washed my hair twice and I swear it still smells like Raid. The maintenance guys are coming tomorrow so hopefully when I come home tomorrow night there will not be an angry mob of bees waiting to take their revenge.


2 comments:

Grace said...

Since I have already been silenced, i will tread lightly. I had a bee issue in Michigan, they were coming from my air vents for no reason. I would come home to 5 or so bees sqirming on the ground, one day a live one made into my bottle of Bass(bastard bee)while I was watching the Buckeyes, that was the end of that, maintenance came weekly until they were gone.

Michelle said...

Creepy. Even more creepy is that SJMG has also had bee ummmm "issues" as well. Weirdos.