Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yellowstone-GIG Girls Weekend

Here are some photos of the GIG girls weekend in Yellowstone that happened in July. It was great fun, even if MW had us running ragged over what the trail guides called "easy-moderate". I firmly believe that those folks who pen the trail guides in Montana are on crack.


MW/me/AET/JJ



Buffalo aka Bison
And of course a little cute baby! They look weird because they were shedding their winter coats.

Buffalo Soldier in the road

JJ/AET/me
Please note that I am wearing flip flops on a trail. I had a wicked ingrown toenail that was not having hiking boots for one more second. The Monday following I had to go to the doctor and have it cut off (half of the toenail that is). Oh and did I mention that after that I couldn't wear closed-toe shoes for a week...and I was leaving the following day for Miami to meet the parents!

MW and I on the trail...I believe it was the "easy-moderate" with "slight rises" and was only supposed to be 3 miles long that turned into 8 miles with about a thousand switchbacks...crack I say!

Beautiful...Gorgeous...Wish you were here...
A waterfall at the start of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.

For those that don't know, Yellowstone is a thermal area. And if I remember my facts, it basically sits on huge volcano. This is one of the countless areas where steam and boiling water is seen.

This picture was taken by MW. I have zero idea what it is. All I can defer is that it is in a thermal area and is a kick-ass picture. Nice photo-taking skillz.



Now you have it. The condensed, super-mini version of the trip. But one final picture must be shown. I don't think she thought I'd post it, but here it is AET! Goodluck this year at school!





No comments: