Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AET Birthday Post

Last Wednesday my crazy social-working ex-GIGster friend AET (initials used to protect the guilty) had a birthday party. Actually it was more of a bar/restaurant hopping excursion. Here is AET at the beginning of the night have a French Martini at The Quarry Bar (I will be posting about the bar separately).


We had a few drinks then headed to Lucca's, an tiny Italian restaurant that we (MS & I) believe is the best place to eat in Helena. So here is AET in the middle of the birthday partying. Loosened up a bit huh AET?


So lets recap a little. A few cocktails at Quarry including a birthday shot from our favorite bartender and waitress, Prosecco and two bottles of wine at dinner...yep everyone is getting a little tipsy. Off we go back to The Quarry Bar (which if you haven't guessed yet is the best place to get a cocktail in Helena). That is when the trouble begins. I have to go pick up our friend MW at the airport at 11pm so I order a ginger ale (which is hand made, yummy). But as I look over at the rest of the group, which includes MS, JJr and our boss MVG, I see lots of martinis, some beers and shots heading to the table. This cannot end well. So this is AET during the final act of her 25th birthday celebration.


The time comes for me to head to the airport and I ask MS for his keys. Of course he is unable to locate them at this time and starts to freak out. So I look at MVG and he hands me his. We all make plans to meet back at the bar or at a different place. I pick up MW and we are chatting about 50 miles a minute and then (oh this is good) the car locks up, it is completely out of gas. I am able to somehow get it into a bank parking lot before it dies it's dramatic death. Seriously MVG, who gives there car to someone when it is driving on fumes!!!!!

Well we call the group and it seems that AET has had her fill of libations (feel free to read into the underlying situation) and they are attempting to get her back to the Hampton (her sensational home for the past 3 mos.). So Meegan and I wait in the parking lot for over an hour for someone to come pick us up and take us to the gas station so we can buy the little red plastic gas can and revive the car enough for MVG to drive it to the airport in the morning. Now come to find out all, MVG had bought the rental car fuel option so was drving on fumes for a reason. Although frankly, when I was hanging out in the parking lot at midnight in a dress and high heels I could have given a rat's ass!

So the curtain closed on the night with AET passed out in bed, MVG making sure she didn't die, me driving JJr. to another bar, and MW, MS and myself heading home for some chex mix and plenty of water. Oh did I mention that the girls (AET, JJr., MW and myself) were heading to Yellowstone National Park the next morning? Yeah, the youngsters were definitely feeling some pain:)

Happy Birthday AET and we will already miss you horribly since you have went away. I hope this post did your celebration justice!

1 comment:

Ashley Trice said...

yes Jackie that is perfect! thanks for celebrating with me! xoxo