Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Iced Tea

There is no air conditioning in my apartment. And today was hot. Normally I would just eat some ice cream, grab a fountain drink or knock back a couple of beers. But remember the diet...
Well you are allowed to have tea and coffee on the diet (no sugar of course). So I thought what would cool me down better than some iced tea. But not just any tea would do, I wanted something to trick my taste buds into thinking they were actually getting a treat.
So I rifled through the cupboards and found Lipton, chamomile, lemon-ginger then the winner...Chai Spice Decaf. I boiled 4 cups of water and poured it over 4 tea bags and let them steep for 5 minutes. After allowing the brew to cool completely, I filled a glass with as much ice as it could hold and 3 chopped mint leaves (mint is one of the most versatile herbs there is).
It is tasty, refreshing and has convinced by mind for tonight that it doesn't need that Drumstick in the freezer:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It better not need that drumstick, that is mine!

Jackie said...

I distinctly remember being the one who purchased the above mentioned drumsticks....But don't worry they safely made it through the night.

Unknown said...

I remember back in the day when the Kung Fu Girl had a memory of steel. It must be the lack of sugar that is affecting your memory :).

Jackie said...

Ok...I admit it I was wrong. MS was actually the one who purchased the evil ice cream treats.

Unknown said...

Wow!

I am going to print that last comment out and keep it in my ______ file