Saturday, July 26, 2008

Don't ever go to Florida in July

Hey all. Well I made it to Florida but only after three planes, a delay, a nineteen-seater plane and lost luggage. The longest day of travel ever. But don't worry the hot, balmy weather of Miami was still there to strangle us when we got off the plane at 11:15pm. Mind you, we woke up in Bozeman at the Hilton at 4:45am and there was no hot water (not a good start). So mentally I was freaking out because I was going to have to meet MS's mom and sister with greasy hair and travel funk. Awesome.
But the family is awesome. Very sweet and welcoming and glad that we were finally here.
So far we have been to Sawgrass Mills outlet/shopping mecca (where I found Dansko shoes marked down from $125 to $26!!!!!!). Ate a Peruvian restaurant. Met almost all of the friends. Almost bought Manolo Blahnik $495 shoes....seriously if you have never had the pleasure of sliding these little slices of heaven on your feet you must. They are the most unbelievable feeling sandals I have ever had the divine pleasure of placing on my feet. Even you Grace would love these heels. But the snobs at Neiman Marcus don't take Visa, only American Express. So between me and MS's friend, they lost over $1,500 that day.
We also headed to his aunt's house today for a co-birthday party for his nephew and his aunt. So I had the pleasure to meet his extended family. They sing, talk loud (in Spanish) and laugh like no one's watching. I had a great time and I promise I will include photos in a future post. I just wanted to to get something on the blog for all of you who are at my throat to blog-up!
Well off to dinner with more of the friends so wish me luck!


No comments: