Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Death of the Sonoma Diet


Let us all take a moment and mourn the passing of the Sonoma Diet.

It lasted a good 4 1/2 days before the time came for it to move on to a world that didn't involve me. I followed the diet as best I could (minus the banana and m & m sleep study day) and I was starving the whole time. The headaches (mine came in the form of migraines) plagued me and I generally felt lousy. Let me say though that I wouldn't totally wipe this diet off the menu (pun intended) for those who love salty, savory foods. I'm just a sweets person, natural and processed alike.

So while conversing with my co-workers, AET mentioned that perhaps this wasn't the diet for me. And the newest member of our team, JJr. piped up and started talking about joining Weight Watchers and thought it would be great if we could do it together. I thought what better than a "diet partner" and a plan that is really teaching you to make better choices and control your portion size rather than forbiding you from having all the foods you love.

Now I know there are some readers who either have or our currently doing Weight Watchers with much success and I would love to hear any and all suggestions, tips, recipes (I love recipes), etc... that you might be able to bring to the table.

JJr. and I will be beginning our Weight Watchers quest the first week in August after I return from my Florida trip to meet MS's family.

I'm not going to lie, I felt like a bit of a failure on Friday when I decided to quit the diet. But after contemplating the decision over the weekend and drinking my Canadian beer I realized that the chances are better at succeeding by not only having a partner but by following an eating plan that allows me to still have the things that I love, just in moderation. So thank you JJr. for agreeing to take this journey with me.

I need to mention that although MS will not be going to the meetings and such, he will by default be on the diet whenever we eat together. And he is fully supportive of the decision and that is why I love him:)

So rest in peace Sonoma diet and watch out Weight Watchers I'm coming to get ya!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Jack, there are so many resources on the net for WW. You'll do fantastic!

Start with dwlz.com, it has a listing for practically every restaurant imaginable.

Also, ANY recipe you have can be converted into "points" with a little tool they have on the WW site.