Saturday, July 12, 2008

Card Queen

I like to think that I am a pretty good card giver. I rarely forget a birthday, anniversary or milestone. I also fancy myself someone who chooses funny and person-specific cards.
All that being said, I have been slacking lately. If you are one of the cards that I have forgotten or sent very late, I apologize. I don't know what happened to my memory but if I don't write it down in about 6 places you can pretty much guarantee I'm forgetting it.
What brings this up right now? Well there are two cards in the past month that I have forgotten and I wanted to take this opportunity to give the recipients their due.

First, my brother Scott.
CONGRATS!
I am so proud of you for sticking to it and passing your paramedic test.
And good luck with your applications to fire academy and finding the perfect job.
Even though for the record, I am super nervous about you fighting fires.
But I wish you only the best.
Love you!

Second, my godchild Katie.
CONGRATS!
You worked hard and showed them what you could do.
Congrats on making the cheerleading competition squad.
I knew you could do it!
Good luck this year at your new school.

So I vow to try to stay up on all the cards. If your birthday is at the end of the month and you get a card the first week, it's only because I was thinking about it and knew if I didn't do it then it wasn't going to happen.

Oh and I LOVE TO GET CARDS TOO!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ummmm Katie only made the squad because her cheer coach ROCKS. He he he. She is kicking all kinds of butt and working REALLY hard.

Michelle said...

And yes, you totally ARE the card queen. The rest of us are generally put to shame.

Jackie said...

All hail the cheer coach!