Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day One of the "Diet"

So it is the afternoon of day one in my personal hell...
Woke up this morning with a wicked headache which I am attributing to my total lack of sugar yesterday.
Had Cheerios with fat-free milk for breakfast. Pretty good except whenever I eat breakfast I am starving all day long. And with only two snacks per day this is not a good thing.
Made lunch for the girls at the office today, Greek Salad with Chicken. Pretty good but not a fan of the dressing. Too much red wine vinegar. But it did have fresh oregano and mint which gave it a pop in your mouth as you ate it.
But right now is the worse (4pm MST). I almost always have a sweet snack right about now. I ate my allotted cheese stick for a snack but I am literally sitting on my hands and sucking down water like its nobody's business trying to not reach into my desk and snag the Quaker Rice Cakes with Chocolate Drizzle that are flashing my name in neon lights.
If I can just make it till six...dinner time. Garlic and Mint Chicken with Broccoli and Roasted Pine Nuts with Goat Cheese. If it is good I will post the recipe. If not I will cry in my unsweetened iced tea.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I'm sorry to hear of your suffering. I wish noone ever had to diet. Maybe you can look at it as a boost to your nutritional intelligence, instead of using that evil "diet" word. I wish you success...getting through the first few days is probably the toughest part.

Jackie said...

Thanks for the support Sue!

Carrie said...

Hey Jackie! What diet are you doing? I've put on a couple pounds lately and i'm starting phase 1 of south beach tomorrow. It sounds like you're going without sugar. I didn't think i'd ever see the day, good for you! The headaches usually take 3 or 4 days to go away, and then you'll feel pretty good.

Jackie said...

Carrie-I am doing the Sonoma diet...and don't fear the world is not coming to an end. The no sugar thing is only for 10 days. Then thank the lord I get to have fruit, dark chocolate and wine!